The Hut York is a registered charity set up in 2011. It was created in response to an increasing need for day facilities in York. Since 2015 Emma has been our Service Manager, working alongside her is her team and a board of Trustees who bring a wealth of knowledge and experience in the fields of Mental Health and Learning Disabilities.
The name “The Hut” came from one of our members who asked why we were called Clarence Gardens Associations when we looked like a Hut. We loved the thought and simplicity behind the name and it has stuck with us ever since. In July 2021 we had expanded, and opened our new building “The Hubble”, which was also developed by our members. Our former activities coordinator Jonny curated all of the members ideas and came up with The Hubble as the building is a bubble just off the side of The Hut. The members took a vote on all the ideas they had come up with and this was the strong favourite that is now home to our Hubble Health and Wellbeing Programme.
- We are here to provide purposeful and meaningful workshops, sessions and activities, designed by our members.
- We will work to support you on daily Lifeskills – problem solving, thinking critically and creatively, communicating effectively, building healthy relationships and coping with everyday tasks
- To offer support for those on their on going mental health journey’s and/or learning disabilities to come together to learn and develop in a safe informal environment.
- For those feeling isolated our service is here as a space to form friendships and see what we do. Please get in touch to book in for a look around on 01904 652991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our service is open to any individual whose needs we can meet, you can refer yourself. You are welcome to bring along someone with you.
The Hut Ambassador:
Above is Simon our Hut Ambassador. He has been coming to The Hut for over 6 years now and is one of our longest serving members. His enthusiasm and the enjoyment he gets from The Hut puts a smile on everybody’s face, and if you have any questions about what we do as a whole or the sessions and activities we put on, Simon will be happy to tell you all about what we have on offer.
*Please note we do not have parking at The Hut – There is a drop off/ pick up point outside the main room building on Wigginton Road. The number 6 bus would get you to The Hut. The bus drop off is by York Hospital and bus pick up is by The Hubble building.
Pay and Display parking is available on Haxby Road at Jaipur Spice and at The Hospital.