We are very grateful to our volunteers who have given up their spare time to join our friendly fun team. If you are able to commit to a couple of hours or more a week and want to join us we would love to hear from you. On our website it details all the great sessions, workshops and wellbeing groups we provide.
Hut Helper Volunteer Role Profile
- To assist our Learning Support Mentors in delivering purposeful activities for people with enduring mental health issues and/or learning disabilities.
- The main tasks/activities of the role include:
- Working as part of a team assisting the Learning Support Mentors.
- Supporting our members to engage in activities.
- Sessions you can support in include Art, Crafting, The Great Outdoors, Hut Made, The Wellness Club. (full list is available on our website)
- Helping to set up and tidy away at the start/end of the session.
- No prior experience is needed as all training will be provided, however an interest/knowledge in the session would be beneficial. We are looking for people who are kind and understanding to be a part of our supportive team.
- Volunteers will receive support and encouragement, induction, and training.
- We will offer opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people and become a part of the community in a supportive and understanding environment.
- You will need to complete a DBS and provide a reference.
Building up therapeutic relationships are so important to our members that we ask you to think hard about being able to commit to volunteering before taking the next step to arranging an informal chat.
email email@example.com to arrange an informal chat and to find out more.
We do take students on placements however we have limited places available. We would still love to hear from you so please get in touch, telling us about you and what course you are doing and we will reply if we have availability and arrange a time to visit to talk further about what we can offer and if it meets your needs.
We accept students from local schools who are wanting to gain some experience and exploring their options. We have a limited number of places, so please get in touch and we will be happy to discuss what we have to offer.
email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
What previous volunteers have said about us:
George Smith – Volunteered for 9 months on a student placement from York College and is now our Business Administrator. “The Hut has given me so much meaning and purpose within my life. Working with the service manager so closely has given me great insight into how to run a business and a small team, giving me all the tools I need to aid my future career.”
Leon Magson – University Placement for 9 months as a Learning Support Mentor. “Working at The Hut was a great experience that helped extend my knowledge within a care community. The staff are a welcoming and friendly unit that prioritise welfare of other staff and members. The sessions that are run offer valuable life skills that are extremely beneficial to the members.”
We look forward to hearing from you