Find out more about The Hut
We love to meet anyone who would like to come and have a look around our service, however we do need you to book an appointment. As a small staff team our main priority during our opening times is to be with the members.
Questions often asked:
Q: Do I need to be referred?
A: No, you can self refer, we just ask you to make an appointment to come so that we can spend that time with you, show you around and answer any questions you might have.
Q: Is there parking?
A: No, there is a bus stop near The Hut, a drop off / pick up outside, parking that needs to be paid for local to clarence gardens
Q: Do you have to pay for sessions?
A: Yes, we can discuss this when you come on your visit or via email or on the phone
Q: Do I have to come all day?
A: No, We have members come for the early session, morning, or full day and we have once a month the chit chat and social so we hopefully have something for everyone
Q: DO you have a timetable of what you do at The Hut?
A: Yes, you can download it from either the ‘Creativity at The Hut’ or ‘The Wellness at The Hubble’ areas of this website. Members update the timetable in a January, Easter and September. We are trying hard to go paperless at The Hut, everything you need to know is on our website or you can give us a call or email
Arrange a visit to The Hut after Hours – The last Tuesday of every month 15:00-16:00
When The Hut is a bit quieter and after hours means our members have gone home.
You need to book to attend this session
- Want to know more about what we do
- Have a chat with some of the staff team
- Tell us about you and what you like to do
- Bring someone with you as we know it can be daunting visiting on your own
How to arrange your visit?
Call 01904 652991 or email email@example.com to book your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you at The Hut
Please have a read about what to expect when you attend The Hut. It highlights our booking system, how to pay and what you might expect on the day.
For new members we have a welcome pack which will give you all he information you need about The Hut, you will get your pack when you come for a visit – please note all visits have to be booked, this because we want you to have time to look around, meet staff and other member and we can get to know you.
We want you to have the best experience when you attend The Hut.
The Hut continues to operates a booking system, we ask you to phone or email to book 01904 652991 leaving a message on the answer machine if we don’t answer, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will get back to you as soon as we can. You can pre book for up to a month in advance and payment will be sent via invoice from our SumUp account. The Hut York does not hold any of your bank details. We can send invoices which can be paid at The Hut via our SumUp machine, please note we do not take cash.
We do keep some spaces for the day, if you want to see if we have space on the day you can either ring or email. For some sessions we can not accept walk in’s as we have to cater for a specific number dependent on the activity. We may also be full an unable to offer you a space for that day.
Cancellation of bookings:
We ask that you give 48 hours’ notice if you wish to cancel a session so we can offer it to someone else. You can cancel by phone, leaving a voice message or by email to email@example.com. We understand that at times giving notice can be difficult, our team will use their discretion and wherever possible we will come up with a solution about the charge for the session. We do not give refunds, we would give you a credit towards a future session.
Please have a read of our accessibility policy. This details important information for those accessing The Hut in a wheelchairs and those with physical disabilities.
Opening Times: 10.30-3.00 Monday to Friday (We open our doors from 10am)
10.30-11.15am for our ‘Early Bird’ session, We start promptly, please arrive 5 minutes before this session start as we do start on time. If you are running late and are with us for the next session, or all day, you are welcome to wait in the Studio, the entrance is the door closest to the main road.
*Please be aware of coming early in bad weather as at times we may be unable to open the doors earlier due to staffing*
The Morning session – Session is 11:00 – 12:30
The Afternoon session – Session is 13:15 – 14:45
Full day – 10:30am – 15:00 if someone is picking you up please ask them to arrive before 15:00
Useful bits and bobs to know :
- The entrance to the Studio is the door nearest the main road, Members will use this door to come in and to leave from
- The Hubble entrance has a ramp, as well as, steps for access
- We will still welcome you in, for H&S and Fire purposes you will be noted down as in attendance
- We will ask you to still use hand sanitisers on arrival and they will still be available throughout the buildings for use
- Face coverings are still optional
- The team will continue to keep its cleaning system in place for your safety throughout the day and members are actively encouraged to help in this process with a daily jobs board
- Please bring your own drinks, members voted that it would be easier to bring their own in.
- We don’t provide a lunch service and there is not an option to heat foods. There are local shops if you need anything, and we can direct you to one of these
- If you are being picked up at the end of the session, let the person know they can ring the bell to notify us that they are waiting
- We are a strictly no smoking or vapour organisation and have a designated area, please ask if you are unsure
- We have limited recycling capacity so please help us by taking rubbish home that you can recycle
To our Support Staff – we value your support, please make us aware when you arrive at The Hut if there are any concerns that we need to be aware of, we can always find a confidential space to talk. If you need to leave the building for a reason, please notify one of the team.
To our Family members – Thank you for supporting The Hut, we are extremely grateful to you all. If you need to speak with us in person, please come to the Studio entrance and a member of the team will find a confidential space to talk.
Other ways you can get in touch is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 01904 652991 or you can message our mobile on 07926553453
I look forward to meeting you. If you have any questions, please ask I am more than happy to make time to chat.