Updated Policy for COVID-19
Updated Policy for COVID-19
Following the Government announcement, I am writing to inform you that The Hut York will not be relaxing any of the procedures that we have currently in place. I feel as an organisation it is my duty to provide a safe environment for all members to attend. Having been in discussion with the Chair of Trustees and my staff team, we are all in agreement of the need to continue with the current practice of safety at The Hut. The reason for this decision is the increased numbers of cases within York and the Governments advisory guidance to continue to remain safe.
Our aim is for you to have the best experience when you attend The Hut, please read the following as a refresher:
Due to COVID-19 we have limited places across both buildings.
We operate a booking system, we ask you to phone or email to book 01904 652991 leaving a message on the answer machine if we don’t answer (our phones may not be answered after 11am) or email, firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will get back to you as soon as we can. Places are booked on a first come first served basis.
Sessions are getting booked up, to avoid disappointment please book early. We allow bookings of up to a month at a time. Payments are needed prior to the session and a link via our SumUp payment account will be sent to you via Email or Text Message.
Cancellation of bookings – We need 48 hours’ notice, if you do this, we will issue a credit note to use at a later date of your choice. You can cancel by email or leave a message on the answer machine, we will look at the date and time when we received the email/ answer machine message. ‘No shows’ or late notice cancellations (under 48 hours’ notice) will not be issued a credit note.
Opening Times from August 2021: 10.20am-12.15pm and 1.15-3pm Full day is 10.20am-3pm: – AM – Arrive at 10.20am. Doors will open at 10.20am so please do not arrive too early as you will have to wait outside, due to staff preparing for the day. We will start promptly at 10.30am or 11am if you do not wish to book for the first session. PM – Arrive at 1.15pm. We will start promptly at 1.30pm if you are late you may have to wait until we are able to come and open the door, we ask for your patience if this happens.
Other important information
Please: Wear a Mask (unless have an exemption card) – Social Distance – Wash Hands
- For The Hut – You enter by the far door, there are signs to help
- For The Hubble – You will enter the building using the ramp, there are signs to help
- When arriving for your session please remember to social distance
- You will then be guided to the entrance one by one where you will complete the Track and Trace system, we have put in place for everyone’s safety
- Inside is a one-way system, at the beginning of each session we will point this out and any general information you may need
- Where possible please wear a face covering, if you cannot wear one, please make one of the team aware. You can take your face covering off when you are sat down. If you get up to use the toilet or leave the building, please put it back on
- The team will be cleaning The Hut for your safety throughout the day
- If you are being picked up at the end of the session, let the person know they can ring the bell at the exit to notify us that they are waiting
Smoking – For those who smoke, there is a designated area for smoking away from the front door, you will come back in via the far door and use the hand sanitiser keeping to the one-way system in place.
Lunch – If you are staying all day, please bring a packed lunch with you. We have a water cooler and encourage you to bring a bottle/cup for you to use, there will be hot drinks on offer, and we ask you to bring a cup/mug and a donation to help cover costs.
Support Staff – We value your support, please make us aware when you arrive at The Hut if there are any concerns, we need to be aware of. If you need to leave the building for any reason, please notify one of the team. We ask that you remain seated and follow our staff advice and follow your own policies if they differ to ours regarding the wearing of masks when you are seated.
If you have any questions, please ask we are happy to help. Please take a look at the new timetable starting on Monday 2nd August 2021, you can do this via www.thehutyork.co.uk
12th July 2021
Last Updated: 13 July 2021 3:17 pm