Upcoming vacancy for a Learning Support Mentor Full and Part Time
Closing Date: 31st March 2021
Learning Support Mentor – Full and Part Time roles available
The Hut York is a registered charity created in response to an increasing need for day facilities in York. Our role is to offer support to our members who have enduring mental health issues and/or learning disabilities to come together to learn and develop in a safe informal educational setting. We provide purposeful and meaningful learning workshops, sessions, and activities in a safe caring environment.
We are seeking an enthusiastic person to join our team, experience of working with adults with mental health and or learning disabilities would be an advantage. As a member’s led charity our members are at the forefront of what we do, and our success is to offer a person-centered approach.
About the role:
- You will need to be motivated to organise a diverse range of sessions for our members to attend. This could include Art, Crafting, Nature and Creative Writing.
- Be able to contribute to the effective implementation of programmes by supporting the learning and social independence which enhance our members experiences.
- Maintain up to date records of individuals and sessions that are essential to the job role.
- You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with both members, staff, and visitors.
- Be able to work as part of a forward-thinking team and be motivated to work independently on key tasks when needed.
- A willingness to learn and develop in your own continuing professional development.
- To undertake any other duties that are not mentioned in the job role that may be requested from time to time, including lead areas of responsibility as determined by the service manager.
For more information, please visit our website or call for an informal chat with Emma, the service manager.
01904 652991Last Updated: 18 March 2021 12:45 pm